Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week Training Log: 10/6 - 10/12

Peak Week #1 is in the bag. Just a perfect weekend to run my now traditional 25-25-25 schedule. Not only was the weather amazing, but I also hit the road with already-tired legs each time (perfect for training purposes). Friday's 25 was right after a long day of work, and after getting some sleep, I woke up and ran Saturday's 25 before heading directly into work for a big night event (walking around on hard marble floors the whole time - always a nice treat for sore feet). After coming home and crashing for the night, I was up on Sunday morning for the final 25. My usual plan for these runs is to finish each one faster then the one before...but let me tell you, there was NO WAY that was happening on Sunday's run. Man Oh Man were my legs beat. Plus I only had 3 gels left in my stash before heading out on the run, so I was hurting for calories during the last 10 miles. Squirrels never looked so tasty.

With one more peak week ahead of me, I'll spend the next few days eating anything and everything I can get my hands on (squirrels aside) to refuel and reload. With the 24 Hour Championships just a month away now, things are getting pretty serious out there on my training loop. I've never run my usual route as consistently fast as I have been these past few weeks. My legs are responding so incredibly well to all of my training at this point, and if the next couple weeks produce more of the same, I'll be heading out to Texas ready to surprise a lot of people!

Week Log:
Monday - Off Day
Tuesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point
Wednesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point
Thursday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point
Friday - 25.1 miles - Hains Point loops
Saturday - 25.0 miles - Hains Point loops
Sunday - 25.0 miles - Hains Point loops

Total Miles: 100.6

No comments: