Monday, January 21, 2008

Week Training Log: 1/14 - 1/20

Another solid week is in the books. It was a little colder than last week, especially on Sunday's run (25 degrees with a 20 mph head wind for half of the loop). For about a 2 mile stretch the wind was gusting so hard I needed to turn my head to the side and breathe like a swimmer. Good times.

With bad weather predicted for Saturday, I decided to do my long run when I got out of work on Friday (usually my Off Day). This also allowed me the benefit of running a little tired after a full day of work (and no off day before). Also, I was able to practice a few more hours of night running on a sloppy surface - the C&O Canal path was a muddy/slushy/snowy mess for about 25 miles. Sure, my legs looked like they belonged to the Swamp Thing when I finished, but it was all in the name of good training.

Week Log:
Monday - 8.5 miles -Hains Point Loop
Tuesday - 8.5 miles -Hains Point Loop
Wednesday - 8.5 miles -Hains Point Loop
Thursday - 4.25 miles - Treadmill Death March
Friday - 35.65 miles - C&O Canal Path
Saturday - Off
Sunday- 8.5 miles -Hains Point Loop
TOTAL - 73.9 miles

No comments: