Monday, January 14, 2008

Week Training Log: 1/7-1/13

It was a nice solid week of training these past few days...especially with the DC weather being so balmy and comfortable the whole time. We had a couple days in the 60-70 degree range early in the week, and then a perfect 50 degree day for my long run on Saturday. Any time I can avoid wearing anything other than shorts on my legs in January, I consider it a good thing.

The highlight of the week (aside from the weather) was my killer long run on Saturday. I cranked out a pretty quick 40.2 miler in 5 hours 25 minutes. That breaks down to average splits of 8:01 miles. Not too bad considering we're still 2.5 month away from the Umstead 100 miler. Things are definitely looking good for this year already...but I'm not resting on any laurels yet, it's back to the grindstone for another two months...there's much work still to be done!

Week Log:
Monday - 8.5 miles, Hains Point Loop
Tuesday - 8.5 miles, Hains Point Loop
Wednesday - 8.5 miles, Hains Point Loop
Thursday - 4.3 miles, Treadmill Death March - Max incline (15 degrees) for 1 hour
Friday - Off
Saturday - 40.2 miles, Mt. Vernon Trail (and a little beyond)
Sunday - 8.5 miles, Hains Point Loop
TOTAL: 78.5 miles

1 comment:

Stanley said...

What advice do you have for non-runners who have become inspired by this blog, and would like to start running and living a healthier life?

I prefer a response in a blog entry. ;)