Monday, March 24, 2008

Week Training Log: 3/17 - 3/23

Thankfully the black plague I had at the beginning of the week eventually subsided and allowed me to get back on my feet. I ended up with four nice runs, one of which was an easy and quick 20 miler - my last "long" run before Umstead. With the race now less than 2 weeks away, I won't run anything over my usual 8.5 mile loop in an effort to rest up. I'm already feeling the positive difference in my legs after missing those runs in the first part of this week. With a proper taper over the next two, I should be in peak form on April 5.

Speaking of race day, if anyone happens by a computer between 6am and Midnight that day (when I'll be on the course) and wants to see how I'm doing out there, www.umstead100.org, should have live updates every hour or so all day long. I'll double check on the details, but this race has a strong history of excellent time/split monitoring for all the runners, so I expect they'll be happy to show it off to any fans checking out their site during the race. I'll have an update w/ my post next week.

Week Log:
Monday - Sick
Tuesday - Sick
Wednesday - Sick
Thursday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop - Felt pretty good, considering...
Friday - 20 miles - Mt. Vernon Trail - Fast run, felt strong.
Saturday - 8.5 miles - Burke Pond Loop - Ran with brother-in-law around great trail in suburban Virginia
Sunday - 8.5 - Burke Pond Loop - The day before was so great, we had to do it again

Week Total: 45.5 miles

No comments: