Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week Training Log: 2/25 - 3/2

Simply put, this was an extremely encouraging week of training. The highlight, of course, being the hat trick of 25 milers to end the week. All three were run at mid-7 pace, and the middle run on Saturday was basically covered during a hurricane. How bad was the wind along the Potomac that morning? While running toward a family of tourists, I saw the little girl (about 8 or 9 years old) blown clear across the sidewalk into a parked car. Seriously. Lucky me got to run directly into that gentle breeze for 12.5 miles. Of course once I hit the turn-around point, all I needed to do was pick up my feet and the wind basically carried me home (which was great because I was spent after fighting it in the first half). Sunday was much better weather-wise and I enjoyed a smile as I crossed the finish line of my 75 mile weekend with a final mile split of 5:45. I guess my legs held up pretty well over this 96 mile week.

Week Log:
Monday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop
Tuesday - Off Day
Wednesday - 4.3 Treadmill Death March
Thursday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop
Friday - 25 miles - Mt. Vernon Trail
Saturday - 25 miles - C&O Canal Trail
Sunday - 25 miles - Mt. Vernon Trail
WEEK TOTAL - 96.3 miles

No comments: