Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Here We Come!


Lizzy and I add the latest to our "Dan Preparing to Run while on Vacation" collection. This past week we were up at my parents' house on Cape Cod for Christmas festivities!

With the last strides of 2009 heading into the sunset, I'm anxiously awaiting the fun that the New Year will have in store! I learned a lot this past year in terms of dealing w/ a major injury and realizing that having fun out there is way more important to me than any results. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not going to shoot for some solid performances in 2010...it just means I might also still spend a few minutes on the trail at mile 90 trying to catch a bunny rabbit w/ my bare hands (I totally would have had it too if I was, like, 1 second faster!).

 I'm looking forward to some hard work this winter/spring while I properly ramp up for the big race in France, and later on in the summer I'll be switching gears and getting back to the mountain trails for training while I gear up for my Vermont Long Trail record attempt. All in all, it should be a tremendously fun and adventurous year...I can't wait!

In the mean time, it's back to the training...we all know this scene (except for you runners in FL, CA, etc...we hate you!). Happy New Year to Everyone! See you all in 2010!!


6 comments:

Amelia said...

Hee! I'm getting ready to send you pictures of my week-of-Christmas hike in Big Sur, and it was golden sunshine and grassy trails all around. We Californians don't care if you hate us. We're too busy enjoying the nice weather.

TonyP said...

Nice Drymax socks Dan!

Have a happy new year. Best wishes for a healthy, happy and successful 2010!

nmp said...

Happy New Year - best of luck for 2010!

Chris Roman said...

Funny, first thing I noticed were the pretty orange Drymax as well:)
Let's all make it a great 2010. I will think of you when I decide whether or not to wear my Moebens tomorrow at a chilllly 40degrees in Jax:)

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Happy New Year! Good luck on 2010!

Jamie Donaldson said...

Happy New Year to you and Lizzy Dan! David & I are looking forward to hanging out with you in France soon!