Friday, February 5, 2010

More Snow?!?!?!!

Looks like I won't be going for a 33 mile run in honor of my 33rd birthday today. I think the National Weather Service has talked me out of it!

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES... WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

* WINDS GUSTS OF 20 TO 30 MPH TONIGHT AND SATURDAY... HIGHER NEAR THE COAST.

*THIS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RECORD SNOWFALL FOR THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREAS. CONDITIONS TONIGHT ACROSS THE REGION WILL BE EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS AND LIFE-THREATENING. HELP YOUR LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT FIRST RESPONDERS AND TRANSPORTATION AGENCIES BY STAYING OFF THE ROADS. 

Sounds like tonight is good time to start a taper for Iron Horse next weekend!  Stay warm and safe, everyone!

4 comments:

shane said...

It sounds like either a grueling 33 miler or a really fun 3.3 miler. Ahem. :) Happy birthday, Dan!

TonyP said...

That is one nasty storm and it is heading our way. New Jersey will get the worst of it. It looks like my neck of the woods will get away with just a few inches.

TonyP said...

Oh....happy birthday!

Dan Rose said...

That's one hell of a good idea, Shane. You think I'd be that wise in my old age...