Just a few more notes to fill the gap during my running hiatus:
- In terms of getting back to running: Totally guessing on this, but I think we'll have a good handle on the daily routine with Sammy in a couple months, so I'll probably start kicking the rust off my legs by mid-Spring. Once Sam is street-legal (a.k.a. develops neck muscles so he can safely ride in a running stroller) in June/July, I'll begin taking him on daily adventures and that will probably allow me to get back to something close to proper training load.
- I've found a couple nice ones, but if anyone has real-world experience with a great high-mileage running stroller, let me know. The Baby Jogger High Performance model looks to be pretty solid on paper...
- If all goes well, I'll plan on a couple tune-up races in August & September, and then have some fun out at the Grindstone 100 in October. Nothing like 24,000+ feet of climbing to welcome me back to the 100 miler world!
- I'd like to do one more "real" race at the end of the year, and I think heading back to AZ for a real 24 hour effort at the Desert Solstice would be perfect for that (If I'm fortunate enough to be invited again!). All of this is a looong way off though, so it's all quite tentative until we see how much Sammy enjoys viewing the world at about 8mph for hours on end!
- For now, it's back to being enjoying every minute of quality time together as the Rose Family Trio! See you all in the Spring!