Monday, May 5, 2008

Week Training Log: 4/28 - 5/4

With two weeks to go before Massanutten, I'm definitely listening to my legs to guide my training plans. After last week's Death March beat-down, the old running sticks were feeling pretty wiped out. I decided against doing a long run this week in an effort to rest up a little for the 101.8 miles of hell awaiting me on the 17th. That move definitely helped heal my achillies as well - even though it hasn't hurt enough to make me miss a run, that nagging injury has flared up after every long run since Umstead. With two easy weeks of tapering left, I should be 100% by time the gun goes off in Front Royal, VA.

The final Massanutten roster is just about set, so I'll post about the notables in the maxed-out field of 160 in a couple of days. Right now I see two past champions on the list along with elite runners Todd Walker and old friend Serge Arbona...plus four or five other guys who have sub-24 hour finishes in the past. It's going to be one heck of a show-down in the mountains. How long will I be able to hang with these guys? We'll all find out in two weeks!

Week Log:
Monday - Off Day
Tuesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop
Wednesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop
Thursday - 4.3 miles - Treadmill Death March
Friday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop
Saturday - Off Day (moved a ton of furniture instead)
Sunday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point Loop

Total Miles: 38.3 miles

No comments: