Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mohican Really Should Be Longer!

Quick update from Ohio:
I ran my race exactly to plan. Let everyone go from the start and took it easy minding my kidneys for the first half (64 miles, actually). Once the sun eased off, I hit the turbo boosters and started to fly. My last 30 miles or so were crazy fast, but in the end, I ran out of real estate. Ended up finishing 2nd by about 30 mins in 19:41....and yes that time is indicative of how challenging the course was today. Congrats to Zach Irelan for running a fantastic race for the win!! I'll post a report when I get back. For now, I really need a shower!!

9 comments:

TonyP said...

Congrats Dan!

Andy said...

Nicely done! Glad to hear the kidneys are doing well and you could lean into those last 30mi like that.

nmp said...

Nice run! Good to hear to are running well and healthy.

19:40 is pretty good for taking it easy :)

Amelia said...

AMAZING! Joel and I went hiking yesterday in Bear Mountain State Park. The whole time I was thinking of you out running the Mohican trails while we were hiking ours. We hiked only about 6.5 hours and I woke up today feeling sore - it's just more perspective on what an amazing athletic feat jogging 100 mile is. Hope those bugs laid off you!

Kim said...

Dan, nice meeting you out there. Lost track of you after your first time through the Fire Tower, and left before Irelan and you finished the race.
You were taking it "easy" the first 64 miles? It sure looked fast to me!!!!! Congrats on your finish! I hope you enjoyed my Ohio trails. See you this fall in WV.

Debra Horn said...

Well done! Glad that Mohican treated you kindly...

Ric Munoz said...

Congrats, Dan! I'm relieved you got through the race safely AND thrilled that you turned in such a fabulous result! You deserved a great race after the bad break in France. Can't wait to read the race report!

Unknown said...

Nice job & nice finish! And I like the new lay out of the blog.

Jamie Donaldson said...

Well deserved! COngrats Dan!