Monday, February 18, 2008

Week Training Log: 2/11 - 2/18

Who says we slow down in our old age? A week after turning 31 I had one of my most solid weeks of this training schedule. My 40 miler was kicked out at an impossibly even 8:00 pace for each mile. I tried to keep the speed up on the hilly portions of the Mt. Vernon Trail so I could get a little lactate burn going in between the flatter aerobic miles - the result was the even 8 minute pace throughout, regardless of terrain. I finished with my last few miles feeling just as easy as the first few. Something tells me I've found my starting pace for the Umstead 100 (which has a course very similar to the Mt. Vernon Trail). If anyone has any advice for how I should run those next 60 miles as comfortably, well, I'm all ears.

Training Log:
Monday: 4.3 miles - Treadmill Death March
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: 8.5 miles - Treadmill Run (ice storm outside)
Thursday: 8.5 miles - Hanes Point Loop
Friday: 40.1 miles - Mt. Vernon Trail
Saturday: 9 miles - Colonial Beach run
Sunday: 9 miles - Colonial Beach run
TOTAL: 79.4 miles

No comments: