Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WEEI/NESN Radio-Telethon

Elizabeth and I are back from a fun and fruitful trip up to Boston this weekend. On Friday we stopped by Fenway Park to give an interview as part of the WEEI/NESN Radio-Telethon to support the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. This annual event had the lofty goal of raising $4 Million in 48 hours this year. The phone lines stayed open until midnight, but amazingly enough, the $4 Million goal was met at 7:30pm!! At the end of the night the total was $4.8 Million raised for cancer research! Congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen!!This is me waiting to go inside the studio - the gentleman to the left is Mike Andrews, he's the head of the Jimmy Fund (and a former Red Sox player!)

Here's the link to our interview - it went by very quickly, and after having listened to it myself, I realize I screwed up by not mentioning Chris by name when I talked about the blog being updated, etc. SORRY CHRIS - We all know you're the man!!!

Here we are in our classic wooden Fenway seats waiting for the game to start - my long arms make these self-photos pretty easy!

No comments: