Monday, July 7, 2008

Week Training Log: 6/30 - 7/6

The plan this week was to tread lightly while allowing my leg to heal up. Even though my overall mileage wasn't high, I'm quite happy with the results. I was able to run a pretty quick 25 miler yesterday with no pain, so I think I'm in the clear. Also helping with my healing process was the arrival of my first pair of Brooks Glycerins. I've run nearly 2,000 miles this year in Brooks Radius models, but with all the pavement pounding I've been doing to train for the 192, I figured the extra layer of cushioning in the Glycerins couldn't hurt. After a week of running in them I'm happy to report that they're a very comfortable shoe, and they really take the edge off the impact of running a bunch of miles on pavement/asphalt. Not sure if I'll start off with them in the 192 (they're a little heavy), but I'm sure I'll end up switching off after 100 miles or so when my feet are begging for mercy.

Week Log:

Monday - 5 miles - Elliptic-Hell Machine
Tuesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point loop
Wednesday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point loop
Thursday - 8.5 miles - Hains Point loop
Friday - 11.2 miles - Colonial Beach loop
Saturday - Off Day
Sunday - 25 miles - Mt. Vernon Trail

Week Total: 66.7 miles

No comments: